Heavily armed militants used a protest of an anti-Islam film as a cover and may have had help from inside Libyan security in their deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate, a senior Libyan official said Thursday.
- 15 October, 2012 -- Jet fighter crashes in Yemen, killing pilot
A Yemeni jet fighter crashed immediately after takeoff during a training mission on Monday, killing its pilot, Yemen's Defense Ministry said.
- 23 September, 2012 -- Latest protests against depictions of Muhammad
Here's a look at protests and events on Sunday connected to an anti-Muslim film produced in the United States and vulgar caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad published in a French satirical weekly. At least 49 people, including the U.S. ambassador ...
- 12 September, 2012 -- American killed in Libya protest over film
Protesters angered over a film that ridiculed Islam's Prophet Muhammad fired gunshots and burned down the U.S. consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, killing one American, witnesses and the State Department said. In Egypt, protesters sc...
- 17 September, 2012 -- Tunisia Islamist flees mosque where he holed up
A hardline Muslim leader blamed for encouraging last week's violent protests outside the U.S. Embassy in Tunisia fled through a police cordon Monday around one of the capital's main mosques, where he had been holed up with his followers.
- 13 September, 2012 -- US sends Marines to Libya after deadly attack
The U.S. dispatched an elite group of Marines to Tripoli on Wednesday after the mob attack that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. Officials were investigating whether the rampage was a backlash to an anti-Islamic video with ties to ...