An air strike in central Yemen on Sunday killed five suspected Al-Qaeda extremists and three women companions, but a militant leader escaped unharmed, a tribal chief said.
- 20 June, 2012 -- 30 Qaeda fighters dead in Yemen air raids: local official
Thirty suspected militants were killed as Yemeni aircraft pounded Al-Qaeda positions between the southern provinces of Abyan and Shabwa on Wednesday, a local official told AFP.
- 19 August, 2012 -- Qaeda suicide bomber kills Yemen militia chief
A suspected Al-Qaeda suicide bomber blew himself up early Sunday in southern Yemen killing the commander of a local pro-army militia and wounding six people, a government official told AFP.
- 31 March, 2012 -- 29 killed in Yemen army, Qaeda clashes: officials
At least 29 people were killed in heavy fighting on Saturday between the army and suspected Al-Qaeda militants in Yemen's southern province of Lahij, officials said.
- 7 August, 2012 -- Drones strafe Yemen Qaeda positions: tribal sources
Two drones have targeted Al-Qaeda positions in central Yemen two days after a suicide bombing in the south of the country blamed on the extremist group killed 45 people, tribal officials said.
- 21 April, 2012 -- Yemen air raids kill 8 Qaeda militants: ministry
Yemen's air force raided Al-Qaeda hideouts in the south, killing eight militants, the defence ministry said Saturday, raising to 40 the number of jihadists reportedly killed in two days.