- 31 October, 2012 -- Syria activists say warplanes hit Damascus suburbs
Syrian warplanes pounded opposition strongholds around Damascus and in the north Wednesday, as President Bashar Assad's forces intensified airstrikes against rebels seeking to topple him, activists said.
- 30 October, 2012 -- Syria activists report 23 dead in Damascus suburb
Airstrikes by Syrian jets and shells from tanks leveled a neighborhood in a restive city near the capital of Damascus on Tuesday, killing 18 people, and at least five rebel fighters died nearby in clashes with regime troops, activists said.
- 26 October, 2012 -- Fighting precedes scheduled start of Syria truce
Heavy fighting between forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad and rebels preceded the dawn start of a proposed truce Friday, activists said, dimming prospects for a break in the bloody 19-month civil war.
- 4 December, 2012 -- UN pulling staff from Syria, violence near capital
Fighting between rebels and government forces raged near the Syrian capital Damascus on Monday, forcing an inbound commercial jet to turn back while the U.N. said it was withdrawing staff because of deteriorating security conditions.
- 7 August, 2012 -- Activists: Fighting is spreading in Syria’s Aleppo
Activists say fighting in Aleppo has spread to new areas as rebels try to expand their hold inside Syria's largest city.