- 14 October, 2012 -- Analysis: Israel’s Netanyahu faces wild cards
The Israeli government has called a general election for Jan. 22, and polls suggest Benjamin Netanyahu's rightist-religious coalition is likely to win a renewed majority — but an array of wild cards make the outcome of this campaign unpredictabl...
- 29 April, 2012 -- Israeli prime minister explores early elections
In a political development with global implications, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday signaled he soon might call early elections — a decision that could put Mideast peace efforts on hold for months and cast more uncertainty on Israel's de...
- 25 December, 2012 -- New poll shows Israel’s leader losing altitude
JERUSALEM (AP) — A new poll shows Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu poised for an election victory but losing support to a rival who opposes Palestinian statehood.
- 26 November, 2012 -- Ehud Barak says he’s quitting Israeli politics
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak abruptly quit politics Monday, potentially robbing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of a key ally who enabled his hard-line government to present a moderate face to the world.
- 18 January, 2012 -- Israel decision on Iran attack ‘far away’: Barak
Any decision by Israel on whether to attack Iran in a bid to halt its nuclear programme remains "very far away," Defence Minister Ehud Barak told army radio on Wednesday.