- 30 April, 2013 -- Israeli airstrike in Gaza kills 1 Palestinian
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — An Israeli aircraft attacked a motorcycle in Gaza on Tuesday, killing a top militant in a shadowy al-Qaida-influenced group who had been involved in a recent rocket attack on southern Israel.
- 1 June, 2012 -- Clash kills Palestinian militant, Israeli soldier
A gunbattle along Israel's border with the Gaza Strip on Friday killed a Palestinian militant and an Israeli soldier, the military said, in the latest flare-up along the volatile frontier.
- 25 March, 2012 -- Gaza baby dies after respirator runs out of fuel
A Gaza man said Sunday his 5-month-old baby died after the generator powering his respirator ran out of fuel, the first known death linked to the territory's energy crisis.
- 22 June, 2012 -- Israel: Airstrike kills Gaza militant
An Israeli airstrike killed a Gaza militant Friday as he was preparing to launch rockets, Israel's military said, the latest casualty in a week-long exchange of cross-border attacks.
- 9 April, 2013 -- Egypt’s pope sharply criticizes president
CAIRO (AP) — Egypt's Coptic Christian pope delivered an unprecedented direct criticism of the Islamist president Tuesday after a mob attack on the church's main cathedral, saying he had failed to protect the building and warning that the country is collapsing.