- 13 June, 2012 -- Wave of car bombs kills 63 during Iraq pilgrimage
Coordinated car bombs struck mainly Shiite pilgrims in several Iraqi cities Wednesday, killing at least 63 people and wounding dozens more in one of the deadliest attacks since U.S. troops withdrew from the country.
- 19 April, 2012 -- Blasts in Baghdad, northern Iraqi cities kill 30
Bombings struck several areas in Baghdad and to the north Thursday, killing at least 30 people in the first major attacks in Iraq in nearly a month. The violence stoked fears that insurgents were trying to undermine confidence in the Shiite-led governm...
- 8 August, 2012 -- Iraq attacks on Shiites and lawyers kill 21
A car bomb targeting Shiite Muslims in Iraq and the shooting of a lawyer and his family left 21 people dead on Wednesday, after Al-Qaeda warned it would target lawyers and retake territory in a new campaign.
- 12 August, 2012 -- Gunmen execute eight Shiites in north Iraq: officials
Gunmen allegedly affiliated with Al-Qaeda executed eight young Shiites but spared Sunnis after rounding up a group of men near a northern Iraqi town, a police official and a local politician said.
- 7 January, 2012 -- Blast kills 2 Shiite pilgrims south of Baghdad
Iraqi officials say a roadside bomb has killed two Shiite pilgrims and wounded eight south of Baghdad.