Palestinians welcome Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani – first Arab head of state to visit Gaza since Hamas came into power
- 23 October, 2012 -- Israel slams Qatari ruler’s Gaza visit
Foreign Ministry accuses Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani of aligning himself with violent extremists and of 'throwing peace under the bus'
- 24 October, 2012 -- In Gaza visit, Qatari emir forges leading role
The emir of Qatar on Tuesday became the first head of state to visit the Gaza Strip since Hamas militants seized the territory five years ago, showering almost half a billion dollars and unprecedented political recognition on the Islamic militant group.
- 15 January, 2009 -- Qatar urges Arab fund for Gaza, offers 250 mln dlrs
AFP - Qatar's Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani called on Thursday for Arab countries to create a fund for Gaza's reconstruction following 20 days of Israeli shelling that has left much of the Gaza Strip in ruins.
- 26 March, 2013 -- Arab League summit showcases Qatar’s swagger
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — Qatar's emir looked over an assembly of Arab leaders Tuesday as both cordial host and impatient taskmaster. His welcoming remarks to kings, sheiks and presidents across the Arab world quickly shifted to Qatar's priorities: Rallying greater support for Syrian rebels and he...
- 21 October, 2012 -- Qatar’s emir to head to Hamas-ruled Gaza
The ruler of Qatar is expected in the Gaza Strip this week, in what would be a major stamp of legitimacy for the territory's Islamic militant Hamas rulers.