- 23 October, 2012 -- Gazans prepare to welcome Qatari ruler
Qatar's flags are flapping in the Gaza Strip as Palestinians welcome that country's ruler, the first head of state to visit the territory since the Islamic militant Hamas seized power there five years ago.
- 15 January, 2009 -- Qatar urges Arab fund for Gaza, offers 250 mln dlrs
AFP - Qatar's Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani called on Thursday for Arab countries to create a fund for Gaza's reconstruction following 20 days of Israeli shelling that has left much of the Gaza Strip in ruins.
- 24 October, 2012 -- In Gaza visit, Qatari emir forges leading role
The emir of Qatar on Tuesday became the first head of state to visit the Gaza Strip since Hamas militants seized the territory five years ago, showering almost half a billion dollars and unprecedented political recognition on the Islamic militant group.
- 23 November, 2012 -- Two powers, Qatar and Iran, try to sway Hamas
The courtship of Hamas between rivals Iran and Qatar has been one of the Middle East's intriguing subplots of the Arab Spring. The bloodshed in Gaza has now sharpened their competition for influence with the Palestinian militant group and the dire...
- 12 February, 2012 -- Palestinian unity deal faces big hurdle
A mounting rebellion by Hamas leaders in Gaza against a breakthrough power-sharing agreement with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas highlights a potentially fatal flaw — the deal never spelled out how the Western-backed leader can take charge agai...