Syrian warplanes bombed a building in a Damascus suburb on Saturday, killing at least eight people in the first airstrike since an internationally mediated cease-fire went into effect, activists said.
- 1 September, 2012 -- New UN Syria envoy puts pressure on regime
The U.N.'s new envoy to Syria told President Bashar Assad's regime on Saturday that change is both "urgent" and "necessary" and that it must meet the "legitimate" demands of the Syrian people, words that will not...
- 2 September, 2012 -- Syria: Double blast hits army post in Damascus
Two bombs went off near the Syrian military's joint chiefs of staff's offices in central Damascus on Sunday, state television said.
- 30 October, 2012 -- Syria activists report 23 dead in Damascus suburb
Airstrikes by Syrian jets and shells from tanks leveled a neighborhood in a restive city near the capital of Damascus on Tuesday, killing 18 people, and at least five rebel fighters died nearby in clashes with regime troops, activists said.
- 19 April, 2013 -- Syrian official shot dead in Damascus
BEIRUT (AP) — Gunmen killed a government official in a Damascus restaurant, Syrian state media and activists reported Friday as regime troops and rebels fought fierce battles near the Lebanese border.
- 3 June, 2012 -- Troops, rebels clash near Damascus, Aleppo: NGO
Syrian troops and rebels clashed on Sunday in the countryside of Damascus province and near the northern city of Aleppo, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported.