- 29 July, 2012 -- Syria lashes out at Saudi, Qatar, Turkey
The Syrian regime accused regional powerhouses Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey of trying to destroy the country and vowed Sunday that it would defeat rebels who have captured large swathes of the commercial hub Aleppo.
- 5 June, 2012 -- UN: Syria permits aid workers to enter 4 provinces
Syria's government has agreed to a written deal with the United Nations and other international organizations that would allow aid workers and supplies to enter four hard-hit provinces, U.N. officials announced Tuesday.
- 1 June, 2012 -- Syria blames rebels for Houla massacre
Syria on Thursday blamed up to 800 rebel fighters for the massacre in central Syria last week that killed more than 100 people, nearly half of them children, in its most comprehensive explanation to date of the bloodshed.
- 30 July, 2012 -- Syrian regime claims gains in Aleppo, rebels deny
Syrian government forces battled rebels over one of their strongholds in the northern city of Aleppo on Monday, with each side claiming victory.
- 28 August, 2012 -- Syrian opposition leader criticizes US
The head of the main Syrian opposition group fighting to oust President Bashar Assad criticized U.S. officials Tuesday for saying it was premature to speak about a transitional Syrian government.