- 21 March, 2013 -- Obama skeptical of Assad claim on chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday that the United States is investigating whether chemical weapons have been deployed in Syria, but he's "deeply skeptical" of claims by Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime that rebel forces were behind such an attack.
- 7 December, 2012 -- Syrian rebels press in battle for Damascus airport
Syrian rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad declared Damascus International Airport a "legitimate target" Friday in a bid to cut off regime supplies, as clashes between government troops and rebels forced the closure of the airpor...
- 7 April, 2013 -- Syrian regime launches counteroffensive on rebels
BEIRUT (AP) — After weeks of rebel gains in the south, the Syrian regime launched a counteroffensive on Sunday with widespread airstrikes and an operation that reclaimed a northern village on a strategically important route.
- 1 July, 2012 -- Syrian opposition rejects new international plan
Syria's main opposition groups rejected on Sunday a new international plan that calls for a transitional government because the compromise agreement did not bar President Bashar Assad from participating.
- 26 November, 2012 -- Activists: Syrian rebels seize major dam in north
Syrian rebels on Monday captured a hydroelectric dam on the Euphrates River in the country's north after days of heavy clashes, carting off boxes of ammunition from defeated regime forces in the latest in a string of recent strategic advances for ...