Non-Jews are third of city’s population, but enjoy only 7% of municipal spending, report says; 77% live below poverty line, compared to 25% of Jews
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 17 September, 2013 High Court: Mayors facing corruption charges must step down Surprise ruling by High Court orders to dismiss two mayors facing corruption charges only weeks before municipal elections, despite fact local city councils did not choose to do so. Nonetheless, two will be allowed to run for reelection
- 20 April, 2015 Haifa residents step up protest over carcinogenic industrial plants Residents of Atlit and Hof HaCarmel gather in front of Carmel Chemicals plant, demanding it be moved far from population centers, while refinery fights Haifa Municipality by clearing trucks blocking entrance.
- 16 January, 2014 Ministry cancels funding for Holocaust event after learning that survivors would be charged entry fee After Ynet breaks story that Ramat Gan municipality intends to charge Holocaust survivors, Senior Citizen Ministry cancels funding for event