Airstrike kills nine people, wounds nine more; rebels capture arms depot north of Damascus
- 19 March, 2013 Chemical attack in north Syria: ‘People fell dead to the floor’ Israeli security officials believe chemical agents were in fact used near Aleppo by rebels or Assad forces. Young girl: My chest closed up. I couldn't talk. I couldn't breathe
- 17 October, 2016 Syrian rebels seize ‘doomsday’ village where Islamic State promised final battle ISIS has stated that Dabiq will be the site of an apocalypse-heralding battle between Islamic and Western forces; the village was a stronghold of the terrorist organization, and a subject of much of its propaganda.
- 29 September, 2013 Iran: Hundreds of illegal satellite dishes confiscated, run over Despite illegality, between 50%-70% of Iranian households have satellite dishes, circumnavigating censorship on some foreign media. New report documents regime's attempt to fight phenomenon
- 8 July, 2013 Egypt army: We didn’t kill kids, images taken from Syria war After dozens of Islamist demonstrators killed by security forces at Cairo barracks where Morsi held, military spokesman says Muslim Brotherhood 'spreading lies' about incident; interim president launches investigation
- 26 April, 2013 Cameron says Britain won’t send troops to Syria British PM says growing evidence of use of chemical weapons 'extremely serious', backs Obama on forming 'red line' but suggests response would likely be political rather than military