Washington (AFP) – Jordanian warplanes carried out a bombing raid against the Islamic State group in Syria on Wednesday as part of a second day of US-led air strikes against the jihadists, two US defense officials told AFP.
- 27 September, 2014 New wave of US air strikes in Syria Washington (AFP) - US aircraft have launched a fresh wave of bombing raids against Islamic State militants in Syria, in the fifth consecutive day of air strikes in the country, a defense official told AFP on Friday.
- 19 September, 2014 Video of UK hostage shows IS ‘fears isolation and attack’ Washington (AFP) - A dramatic change of tone in the latest hostage video released by the Islamic State has convinced experts that the jihadist group is isolated and fearful of a US assault.
- 15 October, 2014 IS group has made ‘substantial gains’ in Iraq: US Washington (AFP) - Islamic State jihadists have made important advances in Iraq despite US-led air strikes, Washington's envoy to the US-led coalition fighting the group warned Wednesday.
- 8 March, 2015 IS still a draw for recruits despite setbacks Nigeria's Boko Haram is the latest militant organisation to swear allegiance to the Islamic State group, demonstrating what analysts say is the jihadist network's growing ability to attract new backers. Although its predecessor was active for several years following the US-led invasion […]
- 27 January, 2015 IS threatens to kill Japan hostage, Jordan pilot within 24 hours The Islamic State jihadist group threatened Tuesday to kill a Japanese journalist and a Jordanian pilot within 24 hours unless Amman frees a jailed female militant. A voiceover, purportedly by Goto, warns that Jordan is blocking the Japanese journalist's release by failing to free Sajida […]