Washington (AFP) – US aircraft have launched a fresh wave of bombing raids against Islamic State militants in Syria, in the fifth consecutive day of air strikes in the country, a defense official told AFP on Friday.
- 6 April, 2013 Egyptian court drops lawsuit to ban comedy show CAIRO (AP) — A Cairo court on Saturday dismissed a lawsuit filed by an Islamist lawyer demanding that a popular Egyptian satirist's TV show be banned for allegedly insulting the president and containing excessive sexual innuendo.
- 12 December, 2014 Higher prices, shortages create pressure for IS BAGHDAD (AP) — Saadi Abdul-Rahman was recently forced to pull his three children out of school in the Iraqi city of Mosul, where Islamic State militants have ruled with an iron fist since June. The cost of living has soared there, and the family is barely able to make ends meet, […]
- 1 October, 2014 Australian aircraft to support U.S.-led air strikes in Iraq: PM SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian aircraft will join the U.S.-led coalition in air strikes against Islamic State insurgents in Iraq in an initial support role, Prime Minister Tony Abbott said on Wednesday, ahead of a final decision to undertake bombing mis...
- 24 September, 2014 Jordan bombed IS in Syria on Wednesday: US officials Washington (AFP) - Jordanian warplanes carried out a bombing raid against the Islamic State group in Syria on Wednesday as part of a second day of US-led air strikes against the jihadists, two US defense officials told AFP.
- 15 January, 2016 Eight more civilians killed in 2015 anti-IS strikes: US Eight civilians were killed and three others injured in air strikes carried out from April to July of last year against Islamic State targets in Iraq and Syria, the US military said Friday. US Central Command (CENTCOM), which oversees operations in the...