Two combat soldiers recorded their thoughts and experiences during Operation Protective Edge; here they present portions of their journals from the battlefield in Gaza.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 21 February, 2015 After fighting in Gaza, IDF soldiers move to border communities Nahal soldiers move to Kibbutz Kfar Aza to help community get back on its feet in the wake of Operation Protective Edge.
- 24 January, 2015 One family, three dead, three maimed: ‘Black Friday’ in Gaza The al-Namlah family fled the intense fighting that followed Hamas' truce violation and abduction of an IDF soldier during the summer war, but they did not get far enough.
- 24 July, 2015 Hezbollah 3.0: How Israel’s No. 1 enemy is preparing for the next Lebanon war While Israeli intelligence officials believe the Shiite organization is experiencing the most difficult phase in its history after losing some 1,300 fighters in the Syrian battlefields, its leader Nasrallah is only intensifying preparations for the nex...
- 17 March, 2016 ‘Everyone asks me how I go on’ Simcha Goldin, father of slain IDF soldier Hadar Goldin, recounts memories of his son, calls on the Israeli government to get his son's remains from Hamas, and talks about how he copes with the terrible loss.