Three members of the ancient Jewish community of Kaifeng who made aliya five years ago are about to enlist in the IDF, and all three want to join the fabled combat unit.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 11 February, 2015 Satmar Hasid replaces shtreimel with helmet and joins the IDF Yoel Berkowitz was taught to hate Israel and Zionism, but a visit to Israel changed his entire worldview. He left his Brooklyn Hasidic community to make aliyah to Israel.
- 11 October, 2016 When Yoni Netanyahu rescued a commander during the Yom Kippur War The IDF archives have released tapes of radio communications from the battle of Tel Shams in the Yom Kippur War, in which the Sayeret Matkal commando unit was sent to rescue a wounded commander in the field.
- 26 October, 2014 Israeli farmers find way around harsh ‘shmita’ laws Farmers use loopholes and clever workarounds to keep cultivating during Jewish 'Shmita' year like selling their lands to the non-Jewish George Shtraykhman.