President speaks at first ceremony commemorating expulsion and exile of Jews from Arab countries and Iran, calling on Arab nations to compensate them for lost property.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 3 December, 2013 Education survey: Israel schoolchildren behind OECD average Program for International Student Assessment's triennial evaluation produces same results for country as three years ago: Improvement, but still not at top. Gap between Arab, Jewish students still exists
- 16 April, 2015 Court tempers Boycott Law, rules out unlimited compensation High Court ruling means that plaintiff will have to prove damages from boycott call, but leaves intact state's ability to halt funds to any group supporting or initiating a boycott.
- 20 December, 2013 Nasrallah: Israel will be ‘punished’ for al-Laqqis’ death Hezbollah chief delivers speech, aired during memorial ceremony for Hassan al-Laqqis, Shiite group's senior operative who was assassinated early December, says Israel is to blame for murder, group will punish murderers 'sooner or later'