ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) — William Heath, an award-winning journalist and former bureau chief for The Associated Press who oversaw news coverage during some of Latin America's most turbulent times, has died. He was 78.
- 31 March, 2017 Venezuela's Maduro decried as 'dictator' after Congress annulled By Diego Oré and Andrew Cawthorne CARACAS (Reuters) - Opposition leaders branded Venezuela's socialist President Nicolas Maduro a "dictator" on Thursday after the Supreme Court took over the functions of Congress and pushed a lengthy political standoff to new heights. There was […]
- 12 August, 2016 AP names Castillo, Bambuck to key LatAm leadership posts MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Associated Press has named two experienced journalists to help lead its award-winning coverage of Latin America, rounding out an all-formats management team that will promote visual, digital-friendly storytelling and cutting-edge enterprise tailored to the […]
- 17 July, 2014 AP names Weissenstein to Havana bureau chief post NEW YORK (AP) — Michael Weissenstein has been appointed The Associated Press chief of bureau in Havana, the third bureau chief the news cooperative has had in Cuba since it reopened an office on the island in 1999.
- 12 August, 2017 Peru expels Venezuelan ambassador to protest constituent assembly Peru is expelling Venezuela's ambassador to Peru to protest the country's recent formation of an all-powerful constituent assembly that has been widely condemned as a power grab by Venezuela's socialist President Nicolas Maduro. Peru's foreign affairs...
- 15 August, 2017 Argentina warns US against military move on Venezuela US Vice President Mike Pence heard more complaints from Latin American allies Tuesday about President Donald Trump's warning of a possible US military option to deal with the crisis in Venezuela. "The use of force is not the way," but rather political...