ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) — William Heath, an award-winning journalist and former bureau chief for The Associated Press who oversaw news coverage during some of Latin America's most turbulent times, has died. He was 78.
- 26 January, 2018 Tillerson to visit Latin America Feb. 1-7: State Department U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will travel to Latin America from February 1 to 7, visiting Argentina, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, with a stop in Jamaica, and the crisis in Venezuela will be a focus of talks, the U.S. State Department said on Friday.
- 1 February, 2018 Latin America should not rely on China: U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson warned Latin American countries on Thursday against excessive reliance on economic ties with China, saying the region did not need new imperial powers. Tillerson, in a speech ahead of a visit to Mexico, Argentina,...
- 31 March, 2017 Venezuela's Maduro decried as 'dictator' after Congress annulled By Diego Oré and Andrew Cawthorne CARACAS (Reuters) - Opposition leaders branded Venezuela's socialist President Nicolas Maduro a "dictator" on Thursday after the Supreme Court took over the functions of Congress and pushed a lengthy political standoff to new heights. There was […]
- 12 August, 2016 AP names Castillo, Bambuck to key LatAm leadership posts MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Associated Press has named two experienced journalists to help lead its award-winning coverage of Latin America, rounding out an all-formats management team that will promote visual, digital-friendly storytelling and cutting-edge enterprise tailored to the […]
- 17 July, 2014 AP names Weissenstein to Havana bureau chief post NEW YORK (AP) — Michael Weissenstein has been appointed The Associated Press chief of bureau in Havana, the third bureau chief the news cooperative has had in Cuba since it reopened an office on the island in 1999.