German court says Kuwait Airways can bar Israeli passengers

German appeals court rules that it cannot prevent Kuwait Airways from banning Israeli passengers, though it says policy is discrimination.

...
Read More

Woman attacked during ultra-Orthodox demonstration

27 year old says she underwent a 'lynch' after being caught in a Haredi protest near Bnei Brak last week, ...
Read More

High speed Jerusalem-Tel Aviv rail opens to the public

Civilian passengers take first trip on 100 MPH train connecting capital with Ben Gurion Airport.

...
Read More

Trump rejects any meeting with Iran's Rouhani at U.N. gathering

Both countries' presidents were due to attend the annual United Nations General Assembly in New York. Trump is scheduled to ...
Read More

Cabinet: IDF to continue operating against Iran in Syria

Security Cabinet says Israel shares in sorrow with Russia over planed downed by Syria, vows to continue to act to ...
Read More

More than 300 migrants rescued off Sicily

The Landhelgisgaeslan, an Icelandic navy ship, escorts the Ezadeen, carrying some 500 Syrian would be immigrants, at Corigliano harbour on January 2, 2015 in ItalyAround 318 migrants in distress at sea between Sicily and the coast of Libya were rescued by an Icelandic navy ship taking part in an EU border patrol of the Mediterranean, Italian media reported Saturday. The ship, the Landhelgisgaeslan, arrived in the evening at the Sicilian port of Pozzallo with the rescued migrants, including 14 children and five pregnant women, who were hospitalised. According to the reports, the migrants came from 13 different countries: Sudan, Ghana, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Senegal, Pakistan, Nigeria, Syria, Palestine, Eritrea, India and Tunisia. The number of migrants entering the EU illegally in 2014 nearly tripled to 276,000 people compared to 2013, according to the EU borders agency Frontex, nearly 220,000 of them arriving via the Mediterranean.


Red Cross demands ceasefire over ‘dire situation’ in Yemen

Yemenis inspect the rubble of destroyed houses in the village of Bani Matar on April 4, 2015The Red Cross called for a 24-hour ceasefire in Yemen Saturday to give aid workers a chance to address the "dire humanitarian situation" there. "We urgently need an immediate halt to the fighting to allow families in the worst affected areas, such as Aden, to venture out to get food and water, or to seek medical care," Robert Mardini, the aid group's head of operations in the Middle East said in a statement. It called for all land, air and sea routes to be immediately opened to allow the delivery of 48 tonnes of medical supplies and surgical kits the organisation has ready to treat the 2,000 to 3,000 people who have been hurt in the fighting. Despite repeated appeals in the past week to allow humanitarian aid into Yemen, ICRC personnel and supplies have been blocked from entering the country.


Syria conflict claimed lives of 50 volunteers: Red Crescent

Members of the Syrian Red Crescent transport Syrians from a rebel-controlled area to a regime held area of the northern Syrian city of Aleppo on February 4, 2015Syria's four-year-old conflict has claimed the lives of 50 Red Crescent volunteers, including two killed within hours in the northwestern city of Idlib this week, an official said. Elias Ghanem, Middle East and Africa director for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, said the toll included 42 Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) volunteers and eight from the Palestinian Red Crescent. In a tweet, the International Committee of the Red Cross deplored the loss of the 50 Red Crescent volunteers it said died saving the lives of others in Syria since the conflict erupted in March 2011. The most recent to die, on Thursday in Idlib, were SARC volunteers Ibrahim Eid and Mohamad Ahmad Kamouaa, the ICRC said.


Russia urges UN-mandated pause in Yemen air strikes

Yemenis gather near the rubble of houses near Sanaa Airport on March 31, 2015 which were destroyed by an air strike as Saudi-led coalition warplanes hit Shiite Huthi militia targets across Yemen overnightRussia called on the UN Security Council to push for a pause in the air war in Yemen, as a Saudi-led coalition pounded rebels in the country for a 10th day. Yemen's main southern city, a last foothold of supporters of self-exiled President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi, has been shaken by more than a week of clashes between Shiite Huthi rebels and loyalist militia. Coalition warplanes and ships bombarded rebel positions in Aden on the 10th night of Operation Decisive Storm. For a second night, the coalition airdropped weapons and ammunition to supporters of Hadi, who fled to Saudi Arabia last month as the Iran-backed Huthis approached Aden.