HONOLULU (AP) — The fatal crash of the Marine Corps' new hybridized airplane-and-helicopter aircraft during a training exercise in Hawaii over the weekend is renewing safety concerns about the machine.
- 19 May, 2015 US Marines say unique Osprey aircraft has good safety record HONOLULU (AP) — The fatal crash of the Marine Corps' new hybridized airplane-and-helicopter aircraft during a training exercise in Hawaii over the weekend is renewing safety concerns about the machine.
- 6 August, 2017 US calls off rescue for three marines missing off Australia The US Marine Corps Sunday ended efforts to rescue three missing service members after an American military aircraft crashed during an exercise off Australia. Following the incident involving a MV-22 Osprey -- a hybrid helicopter-turboprop with a cheq...
- 7 August, 2017 Australia finds U.S. military aircraft that crashed off northeast coast By James Regan SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian Navy survey ship has located a U.S. military aircraft that crashed off the Australian northeast coast at the weekend and left three Marines missing, Defence Minister Marise Payne said on Monday. The nav...
- 5 August, 2017 U.S. Marine Osprey Crashes off Australian Coast A search-and-rescue operation was underway Saturday after three Marines went missing when their aircraft crashed into the sea off the eastern coast of Australia during landing, the Marine Corps said.
- 11 July, 2017 Mississippi plane crash: 16 killed as US military aircraft comes down in field At least 16 people have been killed after a US military plane crashed in rural Mississippi. The KC-130 Hercules transport aircraft erupted in a fireball as it suffered what the US Marine Corps described as a "mishap" on Monday evening. The plane came down in a soybean […]