Conference on Non-Proliferation Treaty fails after disagreements on atomic weapons ban in the Middle East, which the US blames on Egypt
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 29 April, 2014 Nonaligned Movement demands Israel join Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty Over 100 developing countries urge UN to convene long-delayed international conference to promote nuclear-weapons-free zone in the Middle East.
- 27 April, 2015 US’s Kerry, Iran’s Zarif to meet at UN anti-nuclear arms conference Zarif to be first state party to adress 190 signatories of 1970 nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty at UN headquarters in New York; Israel to attend conference as observer first first time since 1995.
- 12 December, 2013 Fire opened at IDF force on Lebanon border Shots fired at troops patrolling border near Metulah. No injuries or damage were reported. IDF estimates teen-hunters from other side of border misfired weapons