CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Quietly — almost secretly — Zehra Duman morphed from private school student to Islamic State bride and online recruiter for the movement. Her family did not see it coming.
- 26 November, 2016 Australia attempts to extradite IS suspect from Turkey CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia is attempting to extradite from Turkey a man suspected of being a high-profile Australian recruiter for the Islamic State movement, the government said on Saturday.
- 23 June, 2015 Australian leader makes no promises on IS man’s children CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia's prime minister said Wednesday he felt for the five children of an Australian convicted terrorist in the Islamic State movement who became notorious last year for posing for photographs while clutching the severed heads of Syrian victims.
- 10 February, 2016 Australia drops charge against suspected Kurdish militant CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — The government has dropped a charge against an Australian man accused of preparing to fight with Kurdish militants against the Islamic State movement.
- 5 May, 2016 Australia says most dangerous Australian IS operative killed CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia's most dangerous known Islamic State movement operative had been killed in a U.S. airstrike in Iraq, the government said Thursday.Powered by WPeMatico
- 5 May, 2016 Australia says top IS recruiter killed in US air strike Australia's most wanted Islamic State terror suspect, linked to several attacks on home soil, has been killed in a US air strike in Iraq, Canberra said on Thursday, warning others will be targeted. The death of Neil Prakash is considered significant by Australian and US authorities […]