A report pointed to problems caused by the war with Israel last summer and border restrictions, and said unemployment was the highest in the world.
- 11 February, 2018 With Gaza in Financial Crisis, Fears That ‘an Explosion’s Coming’ A standoff between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority is ravaging Gaza’s economy, pushing it to the verge of collapse, and escalating the risk of a violent confrontation with Israel.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 21 January, 2018 Israeli president warns that Gazan infrastructure is on verge of collapse, blames Hamas Reuven Rivlin says many residents in Gaza Strip will be left without sanitary conditions and clean drinking water, rejects accusations that Israel is responsible for situation
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 5 November, 2014 Amnesty International Says Israel Showed ‘Callous Indifference’ in Gaza Amnesty International published a report accusing Israel of war crimes in its 50-day war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip this summer.