A report pointed to problems caused by the war with Israel last summer and border restrictions, and said unemployment was the highest in the world.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 5 November, 2014 Amnesty International Says Israel Showed ‘Callous Indifference’ in Gaza Amnesty International published a report accusing Israel of war crimes in its 50-day war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip this summer.
- 15 June, 2015 Israel’s Foreign Ministry Issues Report Defending Gaza War Ahead of a United Nations report, the ministry argues that Israel’s troops adhered to international law and blames Palestinian militants for the bulk of the civilian casualties in last summer’s war.
- 7 December, 2014 Facing Rights Accusations, Israel Opens Gaza Inquiries The Israeli military ordered eight additional criminal investigations into the conduct of its forces during the war this summer in the Gaza Strip.
- 15 August, 2014 Gaza Conflict Is Just the Latest Round in a Long War Israel’s real problem is the instability from the failure to negotiate a sovereign Palestinian state and finally fix its borders.