A report pointed to problems caused by the war with Israel last summer and border restrictions, and said unemployment was the highest in the world.
- 9 April, 2018 The source of Gaza’s woes As long as Hamas continues to rule in the Strip, there will be no relief for the population there and no respite for Israel
- 11 February, 2018 With Gaza in Financial Crisis, Fears That ‘an Explosion’s Coming’ A standoff between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority is ravaging Gaza’s economy, pushing it to the verge of collapse, and escalating the risk of a violent confrontation with Israel.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 5 November, 2014 Amnesty International Says Israel Showed ‘Callous Indifference’ in Gaza Amnesty International published a report accusing Israel of war crimes in its 50-day war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip this summer.