Fiercely anti-Israel former MP was beaten by more than 11,000 votes, claims postal fraud and ‘widespread malpractice.’
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 8 November, 2013 US, Israel lose UNESCO voting right in dispute US automatically loses voting right after missing deadline to repay debt to world's cultural agency; both Israel and US suspended funding in 2011 after UNESCO accepted Palestine as member
- 16 October, 2016 Teachers protest over ‘systematic’ pay deductions Some 16,000 teachers had hundreds—and at times thousands—of shekels docked from their pay for September over cuts in travel expenses; now they're demanding to put an end to what they say are ongoing, annual issues with their salaries.
- 12 October, 2014 Fireworks launched at Jewish neighborhood in Jerusalem Palestinians fired fireworks at balconies of Jewish homes on the Mount of Olives in the capital during Sukkot.