In the absence of national balloting, student elections are a benchmark of the political mood and the win was seen as a blow to President Mahmoud Abbas.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 23 June, 2013 Report: Palestinian PM resignation accepted RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — The official Palestinian news agency says President Mahmoud Abbas has accepted the resignation of his newly appointed prime minister.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 2 June, 2011 Right groups slam mutual political detention of Hamas, Fatah ... Different Palestinian right groups on Wednesday slammed both the Islamic Hamas movement and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party for continuing their political detention of each other's members in the West Bank ...
- 9 February, 2011 Palestinian cabinet decides to hold local elections in July ... be held in the West Bank" if Hamas banned the voting in Gaza. The last ... opportunity for Hamas and President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party to reconcile. In 2007, Hamas routed ...