Temperatures to reach 42 degrees Celsius (107 degrees Fahrenheit) in south, peak temperatures to hit Tuesday.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 15 August, 2015 Temperatures rise as Israel experiences 3rd heat wave of the year 44 degrees Celsius noted in northern Israel, and 43 in the Jordan Valley; on the coast, high humidity makes weather feel like over 40 degrees.
- 17 August, 2015 Israel experiences hottest August since 2010 Record high temperatures recorded in Afula, with 41.5 C measured, while residents in the Jordan Valley suffered 46.4 degrees weather; scorching heat wave peaked on Sunday, but no letup expected until the end of the week.
- 12 December, 2015 Nearly 200 nations pledge to slow global warming The 'Paris agreement' aims to keep global temperatures from rising another degree Celsius (1.8 Fahrenheit) between now and 2100.