After conducting trials, Israeli Army decides against allowing female recruits to join tank crews; military to reconsider letting women serve as heavy equipment operators in combat zones.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 21 August, 2013 Young olim headed to IDF service hope to immerse in Israeli society Some 30 young men and women who have left their families in North America and Europe have come to begin their conscription process to the IDF; top preferences include Sayeret Matkal and Oketz
- 16 December, 2013 Lebanese sniper kills IDF soldier along border IDF soldier killed along border with Lebanon after being shot by Lebanese Army sniper who 'acted on own accord,' initial army investigation suggests. Soldier, Petty Officer 1st Class Shlomi Cohen, 31 from Afula, will be laid to rest Monday afternoon
- 2 August, 2013 Forget doctor-patient privilege: Army demands medical files If you're enlisting, don’t expect doctor-patient privilege – new IDF order allows army to access patient files, directly from healthcare provider. Doctors warn, ‘It’s an ethical issue’. Army insists, ‘For good of soldiers’