Western diplomats believe the IDF is focused on Iran’s proxies, particularly Hezbollah, as intelligence official says the Lebanese militia is the only entity that could launch surprise attack.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 3 January, 2014 IDF concerned Hezbollah could bring Israeli ports to a halt Sources with Israeli Navy say Hezbollah's possession of components of the Yakhont advanced guided-missile systems poses danger to Israel, as Yakhonts are hard to detect by radar. If used, source says, missiles could bring Israeli ports to a halt
- 16 December, 2013 Lebanese sniper kills IDF soldier along border IDF soldier killed along border with Lebanon after being shot by Lebanese Army sniper who 'acted on own accord,' initial army investigation suggests. Soldier, Petty Officer 1st Class Shlomi Cohen, 31 from Afula, will be laid to rest Monday afternoon
- 21 August, 2013 Young olim headed to IDF service hope to immerse in Israeli society Some 30 young men and women who have left their families in North America and Europe have come to begin their conscription process to the IDF; top preferences include Sayeret Matkal and Oketz