Jewish state to pay homage to1.5 million oft-overlooked Jewish soldiers with planned museum and research center.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 16 April, 2013 US to invest additional $400 million in Iron Dome Washington intends to allocate $220 million in 2014, $176 million in 2015 to anti-missile system; Hagel to visit Israel next week
- 30 October, 2013 Knesset speaker boycotts Hollande’s Israel visit Yuli Edelstein orders cancelation of French president's visit to Knesset after latter decides withdraws plan to address plenum in favor of other venue
- 16 October, 2016 Teachers protest over ‘systematic’ pay deductions Some 16,000 teachers had hundreds—and at times thousands—of shekels docked from their pay for September over cuts in travel expenses; now they're demanding to put an end to what they say are ongoing, annual issues with their salaries.