Some 100,000 visitors take to nature, seeking to escape hot weather at streams and rivers; high temperatures cause bushfire in Glilot.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 24 May, 2015 Israelis celebrate Shavuot with a lot of water Rising temperature and a tradition that ties the holiday for the receiving of the Torah to water sent many Israelis to rivers, streams and beaches.
- 2 August, 2015 Wildfire burns homes in Jerusalem suburb Rescue workers put on high alert as four planes, 30 firefighters attempt to gain control of blaze that prompted evacuation of Even Sapir.
- 24 November, 2013 State ratifies amendment to Prevention of Infiltration Law Following High Court ruling that law is unconstitutional, State okays amendment to reduce time of detention without trial from three years to one, reallocate funds for construction of new detention facility, more officers