Civil Service Commission says just 1.5 percent of Israel’s 74 thousand Civil Service staff come from Ethiopian community.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 19 March, 2013 Teens attack elderly man who ‘provoked’ them Police arrest two 15 year olds who punched 80-year-old man in Petach Tikva park because he urged them to be careful while doing somersaults. Son: They have no conscience
- 8 November, 2013 Palestinians: Israel the only culprit in Arafat’s death Fatah official who heads commission of inquiry into Palestinian leader's death says in press conference Swiss lab report affirms commission's investigation
- 21 December, 2013 Eritrean ambassador attacked by dissident Eritreans More than 50 Eritreans arrested for violently attacking their countrymen, ambassador during a conference held in Kinneret. Later Saturday, community held protest together with other asylum seekers; two arrested