Despite election promise, finance minister says he would not busy himself with gas issue, citing his close friendship with Tamar gas field shareholder Kobi Maimon.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 7 January, 2014 US ambassador: Draft on Israel-Palestinian deal ready soon Proposal will include security arrangements, borders, Jerusalem and all the other 'core issues'
- 28 September, 2013 Netanyahu instructs ministers: Keep mum on Iranian issue Prime minister instructs cabinet to refrain from discussing details of his UN General Assembly address, most specifically details pertaining to Iranian issue, so as to maintain uniform message
- 16 October, 2016 Teachers protest over ‘systematic’ pay deductions Some 16,000 teachers had hundreds—and at times thousands—of shekels docked from their pay for September over cuts in travel expenses; now they're demanding to put an end to what they say are ongoing, annual issues with their salaries.