Gadi Eisenkot has been introduced to the difficulties and intricacies of leading Israel’s military, now he is learning from the past.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 30 July, 2015 Interview: IDF’s secret-keeper seeks censorship reform As she prepares to retire next month, the chief military censor wants a steamlined, modern agency to provide advance 'guidance' rather than 'censorship'.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 11 August, 2016 Irgun traitors officially exonerated Despite officially joining the IDF and obtaining senior roles in the Israeli government, five of the Irgun heads who were arrested for treason in 1948 following the Altalena Affair were finally officially exonerated by IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eisencott.
- 19 July, 2016 IDF’s next chief rabbi praised despite controversy Some of Colonel Eyal Karim's former colleagues and fellow officers have misgivings about some statements the rabbi has made, but virtually all praise his character and overall conduct.