Some 200 Israeli Arabs mark Palestinian day of ‘catastrophe’ in 1948; ‘recognizing the Nakba is the only way to resolve conflict,’ says student.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 13 May, 2013 Arabs, leftists mark Nakba Day at Tel Aviv University 'If we want things to change here, we'll have to recognize the Arabs' suffering,' history student says during ceremony marking 'catastrophe' of Israel's inception in 1948. Rightist: They can go to Syria
- 20 November, 2013 US university cuts ties with Palestinian school Brandeis University ends partnership with Al-Quds University over on-campus demonstration in which students did what appeared to be Nazi salutes; Al-Quds officials distance selves from incident, say have launched investigation, ask Brandeis to reconsider
- 7 August, 2013 Turkish national suspected of murdering Tel Aviv woman Foreign worker romantically involved with Romanian migrant strangled her to death over financial dispute, dismembered her body to fit her into suitcase