RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — A suicide bomber disguised as a woman blew himself up in the parking lot of a Shiite mosque during Friday prayers, killing four people in the second such attack in as many weeks claimed by the Islamic State group.
- 20 October, 2017 At Least 60 Dead After Suicide Bombers Attack Mosques in Afghanistan Suicide bombers struck two mosques in Afghanistan during Friday prayers, a Shiite mosque in Kabul and a Sunni mosque in western Ghor province, killing at least 63 people at the end of a particularly deadly week for the troubled nation.
- 26 June, 2015 IS affiliate hits Shiite mosque in Kuwait, killing 27 people KUWAIT CITY (AP) — A suicide bomber purportedly from an Islamic State affiliate unleashed the first terrorist attack in Kuwait in more than two decades on Friday, killing at least 27 people and wounding scores more in a bombing that targeted Shiite worshippers after midday prayers.
- 28 June, 2015 Kuwait names Saudi man as suicide bomber in mosque attack KUWAIT CITY (AP) — Kuwaiti authorities on Sunday identified the suicide bomber behind an attack on a Shiite mosque that killed 27 people as a Saudi citizen who flew into the Gulf nation just hours before blowing himself up.
- 4 June, 2015 Attacks on Shi’ites create pivotal moment for Saudi state By Angus McDowall DAMMAM, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) - When Sunni suicide bombers belonging to an Islamic State cell targeted mosques of Saudi Arabia's minority Shi'ite community last month, the government quickly pledged national unity across sectarian lines and offered compensation. The […]
- 13 July, 2016 Saudi Arabia’s new jihadists: poorly trained but hard to stop By Angus McDowall RIYADH (Reuters) - Technical hitches limited the death tolls in three suicide attacks in Saudi Arabia but the apparent coordination of the blasts suggests jihadis have the tools to sustain their bombing campaign. Three young Saudis detonated explosive vests near a […]