Conservatives on course to win 325 seats in parliament, while opposition Labour Party takes a beating, mostly from Scottish nationalist in Scotland.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 17 September, 2013 High Court: Mayors facing corruption charges must step down Surprise ruling by High Court orders to dismiss two mayors facing corruption charges only weeks before municipal elections, despite fact local city councils did not choose to do so. Nonetheless, two will be allowed to run for reelection
- 30 October, 2013 Knesset speaker boycotts Hollande’s Israel visit Yuli Edelstein orders cancelation of French president's visit to Knesset after latter decides withdraws plan to address plenum in favor of other venue
- 13 October, 2014 Cameron to abstain from parliament vote on Palestinian statehood Motion put forth by Labour party, which has sparked controversy by asking its members to vote in favor of recognizing Palestine as a state.