Aircraft, crews from across Israel manage to contain 370 acre fire fueled by unpredictable winds in the country’s biggest blaze since Carmel fire in 2010.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 2 August, 2015 Wildfire burns homes in Jerusalem suburb Rescue workers put on high alert as four planes, 30 firefighters attempt to gain control of blaze that prompted evacuation of Even Sapir.
- 26 November, 2016 Firefighting teams continue efforts through the night, extinguishing fires in Jerusalem Hills, West Bank Houses burn in Halamish and electricity is turned off in several West Bank settlements, as fire fighting efforts continue through the night; several people are taken for medical care.
- 29 December, 2013 Gaza power plant reactivates as fuel supply resumes Following Gaza's sole power plant's shut down due to lack of fuel, plant resumes activity as Israel delivers fuel