SYDNEY (AP) — An Australian man appeared in court Tuesday on terror charges after police say he tried to join Kurdish-aligned forces battling the Islamic State group in Iraq.
- 18 September, 2017 Syrian troops battling IS cross river toward US-backed force BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian troops battling the Islamic State militant group crossed to the eastern bank of the Euphrates River in Deir el-Zour on Monday, threatening a potential faceoff with the U.S.-backed forces operating there.
- 3 May, 2017 7 bounty hunters shot at wrong car, charged with murder NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Seven bounty hunters who descended on the wrong car outside a Wal-Mart have been indicted on first-degree murder charges in the killing of an unarmed man and the wounding of another, Tennessee police announced Wednesday.
- 25 July, 2015 Australian Islamic State group medic arrested on return home SYDNEY (AP) — An Australian nurse who says he was forced by Islamic State militants to work as a medic in Syria was arrested after returning home and faces terrorism-related charges of supporting the movement.
- 12 March, 2015 Australia investigating whether teen was IS suicide bomber SYDNEY (AP) — Australia's government said Thursday it was trying to confirm reports that an Australian teenager was among a group of suicide bombers from the Islamic State movement that struck Iraq's embattled Anbar province.
- 10 February, 2016 Australia drops charge against suspected Kurdish militant CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — The government has dropped a charge against an Australian man accused of preparing to fight with Kurdish militants against the Islamic State movement.