Long lines for travelers as 70,360 passengers are expected to pass through Tel Aviv’s international airport on 430 flights on Thursday.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 7 August, 2013 Turkish national suspected of murdering Tel Aviv woman Foreign worker romantically involved with Romanian migrant strangled her to death over financial dispute, dismembered her body to fit her into suitcase
- 16 October, 2016 Teachers protest over ‘systematic’ pay deductions Some 16,000 teachers had hundreds—and at times thousands—of shekels docked from their pay for September over cuts in travel expenses; now they're demanding to put an end to what they say are ongoing, annual issues with their salaries.
- 9 May, 2013 UN report: Israel strangles east Jerusalem’s development Non-Jews are third of city's population, but enjoy only 7% of municipal spending, report says; 77% live below poverty line, compared to 25% of Jews