The morning attacks in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood are the latest in a series attributed to extremists aligned with the Islamic State group.
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 9 November, 2017 The caliphate's collapse: A look at Islamic State losses BEIRUT (AP) — The withdrawal of the Islamic State group from the last town under its control caps a series of major defeats in recent months that have virtually eliminated its self-styled caliphate in Syria and Iraq.
- 1 August, 2013 In Gaza, Iran Finds an Ally More Agreeable Than Hamas Unlike Hamas, Islamic Jihad, also a militant group, has kept up relations with the government of President Bashar al-Assad, a longtime Iranian ally.
- 25 June, 2013 Rocket Fire From Gaza Shakes Cease-Fire With Israel The clash may have been set off by a dispute between Hamas, the Islamic militant group that controls the coastal territory, and the extremist Islamic Jihad group.
- 6 April, 2017 Gaza’s Hamas Rulers Execute 3 Palestinians Over Israel Ties The Islamic militant Hamas group ruling the Gaza Strip on Thursday morning executed three Palestinians it had accused of 'collaborating' with Israel, a development that was likely spurred by the killing of a senior Hamas commander last month.