How could these women find a sense of belonging when nationalism and conservatism impose from both sides, trying to force them into a box that cannot contain their unique individualism?
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 26 August, 2015 ‘I’m haredi, lesbian, and live with a woman’ She was born and educated in a haredi community, and felt she was different ever since she was young. After refusing an arranged marriage, 'Raheli' decided to come out and tell her parents about her orientation. Today she lives with a woman and even pl...
- 28 October, 2016 Palestinian lawyer fights for women, one divorce at a time In a society where men are free to divorce at will and have multiple wives, yet only one third of the populace even believes in a woman's right to divorce, divorce lawyer Reema Shamasneh is fighting to improve the lot of other women. A devout Muslim, s...
- 7 May, 2013 ‘Love to the end or hate from the heart’ Violence keeps escalating between Palestinians, settlers in West Bank, while both sides share common enemy: IDF