BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Serbian police say that an Afghan national has been killed in a fight involving migrants near the border with Hungary.
- 9 September, 2015 The Latest: Hungary secretly settled refugees in 2013-14 STRASBOURG, France (AP) — The latest news as countries across Europe cope with the arrival of thousands of migrants and refugees. All times local (CET):
- 23 June, 2015 For EU-minded migrants, Hungary ‘wall’ seen as little hurdle BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Artist Omar Owad fled war-torn Syria with his wife and four young children and journeyed through three countries to reach Serbia, on the doorstep of the European Union and closer to his ultimate quest for a new life in Austria. No wall, he says, will stop him now.
- 25 June, 2015 Serbia denounces Hungary’s ‘new Berlin Wall’ BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Serbia has denounced Hungary's insistence on building a border fence to stop the flow of illegal migrants and urged the European Union to say whether it will tolerate new man-made divisions on its territory.
- 29 July, 2016 Migrants end hunger strike at Serbia-Hungary border Around 90 migrants on Friday ended a days-long hunger strike they had staged at Serbia's border with Hungary in a bid to be allowed to continue their journey across the closed frontier, the UN refuge agency said. The migrants, mostly young men from Afghanistan and Pakistan, arrived at […]
- 29 August, 2015 Hungary detains three Bulgarians, one Afghan in migrant truck deaths By Marton Dunai KECSKEMET, Hungary (Reuters) - Three Bulgarians and an Afghan arrested in Hungary in connection with the deaths of 71 refugees found in a truck in Austria made their first appearance in court on Saturday, where they were given one month's detention to allow for an […]