Blaze engulfs and destroys high-end restaurant Mul Yam, one of Israel’s most well-known dining establishments for 20 years.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 7 August, 2013 Turkish national suspected of murdering Tel Aviv woman Foreign worker romantically involved with Romanian migrant strangled her to death over financial dispute, dismembered her body to fit her into suitcase
- 19 March, 2013 Teens attack elderly man who ‘provoked’ them Police arrest two 15 year olds who punched 80-year-old man in Petach Tikva park because he urged them to be careful while doing somersaults. Son: They have no conscience
- 3 December, 2013 Education survey: Israel schoolchildren behind OECD average Program for International Student Assessment's triennial evaluation produces same results for country as three years ago: Improvement, but still not at top. Gap between Arab, Jewish students still exists