Heads of universities say planned cuts are ‘destructive to Israel’s economy, its development and prosperity’; Students Union leader threatens strike.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 20 November, 2013 US university cuts ties with Palestinian school Brandeis University ends partnership with Al-Quds University over on-campus demonstration in which students did what appeared to be Nazi salutes; Al-Quds officials distance selves from incident, say have launched investigation, ask Brandeis to reconsider
- 3 December, 2013 Education survey: Israel schoolchildren behind OECD average Program for International Student Assessment's triennial evaluation produces same results for country as three years ago: Improvement, but still not at top. Gap between Arab, Jewish students still exists
- 23 April, 2013 Lapid: Economic policy will protect working class Addressing budget plan, finance minister stresses he will promote interests of working class; justice minister urges resumption of peace talks