WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. airstrike in Syria has killed a key figure in a dangerous al-Qaida offshoot, the Defense Department said Tuesday.
- 22 November, 2016 Pentagon says al-Qaida figure killed in Syria airstrike WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. military airstrike in Syria killed an al-Qaida leader with ties to militant movements across the Middle East, the Pentagon said Tuesday.
- 4 October, 2017 Russia says its airstrikes wounded al-Qaida leader in Syria MOSCOW (AP) — Russia said Wednesday it carried out airstrikes in Syria this week that critically wounded the leader of an al-Qaida-linked group and killed 12 other militant commanders, a report that was categorically denied by the militants.
- 24 September, 2014 US says airstrikes may have ‘disrupted’ plotting WASHINGTON (AP) — There is no indication of advanced al-Qaida or Islamic State group terror plotting inside the United States, but airstrikes in Syria may have temporarily disrupted attack planning against U.S. or Western targets, according to a security bulletin Tuesday from the […]
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 19 July, 2016 Activists: Airstrikes on IS-held villages in Syria kill 56 BEIRUT (AP) — Airstrikes on Islamic State-held villages in northern Syria killed at least 56 civilians on Tuesday as intense fighting was underway between the militants and U.S-backed fighters, Syrian opposition activists and the extremist group said.