Defiant Syrian leaders tells Iranian TV that US-lead coalition against ISIL has failed, as Moscow ramps up bombings.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 14 July, 2016 Syria war: Assad says Russia not pressuring him to quit Syrian leader confident in TV interview as US State Secretary arrives in Moscow with proposals for military cooperation.
- 4 October, 2015 Assad: Russian failure in Syria would 'destroy' Mideast Syrian President Bashar al-Assad warned the success of Russia's military intervention in his war-torn country was vital for the entire Middle East, as Moscow ramped up its bombing campaign Sunday. Russian raids against what Moscow says are Islamic State group targets took place for a […]
- 15 August, 2015 Russian, Iranian foreign ministers to discuss nuclear plan, Syria Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif will meet on Monday to discuss the Iranian nuclear program and peace efforts in Syria, Russia's foreign ministry said on Saturday. The ministry said in a statement that the meeting would take place […]
- 9 October, 2015 Kremlin turns opinion over Syria with U.S.-style 'shock and awe' media blitz By Andrew Osborn MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin and his circle have spent years criticizing what they said was Washington's calamitous 2003 military intervention in Iraq and its pernicious habit of meddling in the Middle East. In Russia, Moscow's Syria intervention […]
- 21 December, 2015 Assad allies Russia, Iran in Mideast resurgence After years of waning influence, Russia and Iran made a dramatic comeback in the Middle East in 2015 as they threw their support behind Syria's embattled President Bashar al-Assad. A decades-long backer of the Syrian regime, Moscow dramatically raised the stakes this year by deploying […]