As Australia pushes for stronger counterterrorism laws, federal police announce a young boy may have been radicalised.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 3 December, 2015 Australia to strip citizenship from terror suspects CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia has enacted laws that enable dual national suspected terrorists to be stripped of their Australian citizenship.Powered by WPeMatico
- 6 October, 2015 Australian police arrest boy near scene of 'terror-linked' shooting Australian police arrested a boy after he was questioned about his social media posts on Tuesday outside the same high school attended by a teenager who last week shot dead a police worker in an attack authorities say was "linked to terrorism". The boy was arrested when he threatened and […]
- 3 October, 2015 Australian officials say Sydney police HQ shooting 'linked to terrorism' By Lincoln Feast SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian police said on Saturday they believed the shooting of a police worker by a 15-year-old boy in Sydney the previous day was "linked to terrorism", the latest in a series of attacks blamed on radicalized youth. Australia, a staunch ally of the […]
- 5 May, 2016 Australia says most dangerous Australian IS operative killed CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia's most dangerous known Islamic State movement operative had been killed in a U.S. airstrike in Iraq, the government said Thursday.Powered by WPeMatico
- 17 February, 2016 Australia: In the Line of Fire Australians living in the world's most fire-prone region grapple daily with a life-and-death choice: fight or flight.Powered by WPeMatico