Svetlana Alexievich wins award for work on Soviet women during Second World War and after Chernobyl disaster.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 13 October, 2016 Bob Dylan’s genius doesn’t lie in his writing, Nobel Prize or not There's no doubt Bob Dylan deserves the highest form of recognition, but awarding him literature's most prestigious award threatens to deepen an existing distortion of his work: That he is a great writer who is also a singer.
- 12 December, 2016 Bob Dylan: I never imagined I’d win Nobel Prize for literature In speech at Nobel Prize awards ceremony,Bob Dylan says he never thought he would win Nobel Prize
- 29 October, 2016 Bob Dylan breaks silence on Nobel Prize win: I appreciate the honor so much 'The news about the Nobel left me speechless,' the American singer-songwriter said of becoming the first musician to be awarded the prestigious literature prize.
- 9 November, 2015 Essebsi hails Nobel winners as saviours of Tunisia Tunisia's President Beji Caid Essebsi Monday hailed the Nobel Peace Prize awarded last month to the National Dialogue Quartet, saying it saved the country from "the spectre of civil war". The prize "paid tribute to the value of dialogue and proved that peaceful revolutions are possible", […]
- 7 October, 2016 And the Nobel Prize for good intentions goes to… Colombia's Juan Manuel Santos was a safe choice; choosing Syrian rescue workers or Greeks who assist refugees would have been a lot more contentious.