More than 1,000 paintings stolen by Hermann Goering appear in new publication meant to remind modern generations of crimes in WWII.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 6 February, 2014 Pissarro painting sells for $32 million in London LONDON (AP) — A Paris streetscape by Impressionist painter Camille Pissarro has sold for over $32 million — double its top estimate in a week of strong sales of Impressionist and modern art at London auction houses.
- 29 January, 2016 Iraqi-American artist aims to rebuild book collection Wafaa Bilal launches Kickstarter campaign to replace destroyed art library of Baghdad's College of Fine Arts.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 February, 2016 France to evict 1000 refugees from Calais 'Jungle' camp Top official announces plan to move out those who live in tents and "give Calais an image that isn't dignified".Powered by WPeMatico
- 18 October, 2015 Qatar showcases painter Tuymans in major exhibition A retrospective of the works of acclaimed Belgian artist Luc Tuymans opened in Doha Sunday as Qatar reinforces its position as a global art centre with one of its largest-ever exhibitions. Featuring about 100 paintings and 80 drawings, "Intolerance" showcases Tuymans's work back to the […]
- 28 November, 2015 'Muslims need to decide where they stand' Waleed al-Husseini sat in Palestinian jail after daring to criticize radicals – but he says he is also under fire in France for his 'insensitive' ideas about Islam; Hamed Abdel-Samad is seen as radical because of his books; but both are unafraid of criticizing the religion in which […]